Wednesday 9 January 2013

A Girl Can Never have too Many Shoes !


I know, I know I am not going to even comment on the fact that I haven't posted on my blog for over 6 months now ! Well not yet anyway - maybe later I will catch up on all thats been going on in my life !
First off let me show you what I have been up to in the last few days. SHOES - Baby shoes actually. After visiting the Northampton Shoe Museum ( well worth a visit) for the upteenth time I was inspired to make some shoes.My niece is due to have her baby any day now and so it was a perfect excuse to try making some ittsy bittsy little shoes !
I have had the greatest time with my NEW Bernina ( a story from the missing 6 months) and lots of beautiful silks and some lovely ribbons and trims. And the best bit is that each pair only takes a tiny amount of fabric. So I have made Seven pairs - one for every day of the week.
Here is a quick look at each pair

BALLET SHOES
 
A dreamy pink pair with long ties to wrap around the ankle.
 
 


VICTORIAN BOOTS
With antique lace and pearl buttons.
 
 
BODOUIR SHOES
 
Perfect for the girly bedroom.Love the bobbles and fluffy chiffon.
 
 
 TINY MARY JANE'S
 
Complete with big bow. These are so tiny and sweet.
 
 
DANCING QUEEN SHOES 
 
Perfect for dancing the night away.
Silks that my darling daughter bought back from Singapore.
 
 
 OPERA SHOES
 
Going on that evening out to the theatre or opera. Lovely silk brocade.
 
 
 
GARDEN PARTY SHOES 
 
Woven silk with rosey fabric and antique lace bow.
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
They have been a bit fiddly to make but a pleasure to work so small and to achieve so many different ideas . They are all newborn and 0 to 3 months size. And yes we do know that my niece is having a girl !
Now I need a really nice case to fit them all into.
So gone on have a go yourself - even if you are not expecting a new baby sometime soon !!!!
 
And do Let me know which is your favourite pair.
xxxxx
Sally

1 comment:

margaret said...

all all beautiful but my first choice goes to the Victorian boots followed closely by the garden ones. what a lucky new born she will be.Not born yet and she already has more shoes than I have!!